Increment Receipt No.?

nvermanverma Member Posts: 396
I think I have been looking at this ReceiptNo. problem all wrong.

This is what I want to do basically. Maybe you guyz can suggest me a way of doing it.

In my report, I have created a field call ReceiptNo. When you run the report for the first time, ReceiptNo. is 1. Only if the report is printed, then the ReceiptNo. is incremented. The next time user runs the report, the ReceiptNo. should be 2 and so on. If it is printed, then ReceiptNo. should increment again and so on.

Therefore, the ReceiptNo. only incremements if a report is printed.

What is the easiest way to implement this in my report?

Answers

• SavatageSavatage Member Posts: 7,142
    So this is different from your other post?
    viewtopic.php?f=23&t=52362

If the variable is on the report it will always start as zero.
    I thought you wanted to save the value somewhere?
  • nvermanverma Member Posts: 396
    It is the same topic. But I am trying to find another way of doing it since I am struggling to implement the No. Series to increment the ReceiptNo.

No. Series method was suggested by my manager. But he is out of town, and this report needs to be finished asap.

I was thinking maybe there is another way of doing this. Any ideas?

I dont really need to save anything. I just need to only incrememnt receiptno. if the report was printed.
    If you don't save the value of the number of times the report was printed then how do you expect it to know?

Then you want it count number of times printed, but in the next sentance you don't care if it resets?

How can we help when it appears your not even sure what's supposed to happen.
    Is this report Like an Invoice or some report linked to some table?
    Then see "No. Printed" (field 47) in the Sales Invoice Header table (Table #112).

if it's just the aging report then you have to ask yourself why is that so important.

If you don't explain what you are trying to achive then you can't get a complete answer.

Surprise your senior with the Report Logging table from the other post. Then all you have to do is create a report based on the Report log table that you can filter on ANY report # and find our how many times it's been run and who's been running it. Extending the functionality 10fold over a simple count.
  • nvermanverma Member Posts: 396
    I guess, we can try to keep track of number of times a report has been printed. This is the only report that I need to keep track of.

Is there any other table or report that sorta mimics this behavior, so it will be easier to implement caz I am not sure where to even begin developing this.
    Savatage wrote:
    Then see "No. Printed" (field 47) in the Sales Invoice Header table (Table #112).