Universal Excel Importer v1.2

2»

Comments

• SavatageSavatage Member Posts: 7,142
    I don't think that's a proper filter in this case.
    Are you looking to skip the first line beacuse it's the HEADER line?
  • HayanHayan Member Posts: 110
    yes...
  • BENNEBENNE Member Posts: 16
    Hi,

When I am running in a 2009 Cassic Client and try to run CU99991 am I getting the following message:

"The funktion was called with Text in the parameter 2
    It should have been Text."

Can you please help me?

Best regards
    Bent
  • HayanHayan Member Posts: 110
    r u using the correct format for the excel file used, when u import the file using the import tool you need to specify header and map them in the desired table.

Regards
    Hayan
  • BENNEBENNE Member Posts: 16
    I am just trying to run the CU from the designer and then getting the message as the first.
    /Bent
  • mabl4367mabl4367 Member Posts: 143
    Hello!

I think this tool will be very usefull.

However when I try to run the codeunit I get an error.

I'm a superuser so I think it must be due to a problem with my license.

Any sugestions?
  • tomdepoortertomdepoorter Member Posts: 65
    Hey

Which values do I have to use in Excel when I want to import a boolean?

I've already tried 1, true, True, ja (dutch for true), Ja
    but it doesn't seem to work,
    the default boolean value (0, false) is always taken.

Best regards

Tom
  • SonGoten13SonGoten13 Member Posts: 44
    Hey,

Wanted a tool like this for years but never stepped over something that really did exactly what i was looking for. Finally made the effort and looked deep throught some of the tools here on mibuso and this one made me happy :)
    It has some years already but sill thx for that :thumbsup:

Didn't test all the features yet, but here are 2 basic things that didn't work for me:
    - The options "Insert" and "Update" seem always true even if I deselect them. Checked it in Debugger: The Variable "ImporterOptions" comes differently but the codepiece "optInsert := testBit(0,ImporterOptions);"(in function "ImportDataFromFile") doenst seem to work as intended. I made a workaround in function "ChooseColumnsToImport" where i read all the options directly, save them in global variables and set them later again.
    - Scenario: I have a big list with entries where i just want to insert the new ones and NOT update existing ones: Didn't work except i used the "Delayed Insert" Option. I changed this little bit of code so it suits me better:
      //IF (optInsert AND NOT optDelayedInsert) OR (recordFound AND optUpdate) THEN BEGIN   //old
      IF (NOT recordFound AND optInsert AND NOT optDelayedInsert) OR (recordFound AND optUpdate) THEN BEGIN   //new

greetings