Change Listener RTC Connection Error 26

NokioNokio Member Posts: 52
edited 2013-04-22 in NAV Three Tier
Hi,
i try to setup Dynamics NAV 2009 R2 and get the following error message when connect through RTC.

"The Microsoft Dynamics NAV Server cannot connect the Change Lisener to SQL Server because of the following error: A network-related or instance-specific error occured while establishing a connection to SQL Server". The server was not found or was not accessible. Verify that the instance name is correct that SQL Server is configured to allow remote connections. (provider: SQL Network Interfaces, error: 26 - Error Locating Server/Instance Specified)"

A windows connection with the classic client works withoud any problems.
The NAV Server starts without any errors.
I've created as well for the user as well for the nav server a windows login with super rights.

Firewall ist off.

I also tried to install the nav server directly on the sql server, but got the same error message.

On the SQL Server there is also a 4.00 SP3 Live DB.

I tried to start the "Best performance analyzer" on the nav server, but i get the error message, that the nav server is not installed. Although the server is installed properly..

Does anyone have any suggestions?

Answers

• mohana_cse06mohana_cse06 Member Posts: 5,503
    did you try by adding Server IP in Host file of client?
  • NokioNokio Member Posts: 52
    For test purposes I installed the Client as well as the nav server on the sql server (3 tier on same server). Unfortunately I got the same error message.
  • mohana_cse06mohana_cse06 Member Posts: 5,503
    Did you setup config file correctly?like server name,database name and instance name etc..
  • mihail_kolevmihail_kolev Member Posts: 379
    -Mihail- [MCTS]
    Did you setup config file correctly?like server name,database name and instance name etc..

Yes the I've setup as well the NAV server config, as well the client config with the correct server data. Before I had setup it, I got another error that he can't connect.

Yes I did step by step the needed queries in the management studio. Additionally I checked the permissions for ghe object tracking table. The Windows Authentification "service_nav" which I've created has proper permissions (choose). :(..
  • mihail_kolevmihail_kolev Member Posts: 379
    did you try using the full domain names for the machines - in the config for the server and for connection url for the rtc client?

ex: in the config file for the service for DatabaseServer instead of YOURSQLSRV try YOURSQLSRV.yourcompany.com (the full domain name)
    -Mihail- [MCTS]
    I found the problem..
    It was indeed a false parameter in the DynamicsNAV Server config file.

I had the Databasename in the option "DatabaseInstance". After I changed it to Empty, it worked.

----
    Name of the database instance to connect to.
    -->
    <add key="DatabaseInstance" value=""></add>
    ----

Thx.
  • unyimeunyime Member Posts: 1
    Thank you Nokio. Your solution also resolved my issue. Cheers.
  • endotrioendotrio Member Posts: 3
    Nokio wrote: »
    Hi,
    i try to setup Dynamics NAV 2009 R2 and get the following error message when connect through RTC.

"The Microsoft Dynamics NAV Server cannot connect the Change Lisener to SQL Server because of the following error: A network-related or instance-specific error occured while establishing a connection to SQL Server". The server was not found or was not accessible. Verify that the instance name is correct that SQL Server is configured to allow remote connections. (provider: SQL Network Interfaces, error: 26 - Error Locating Server/Instance Specified)"

A windows connection with the classic client works withoud any problems.
    The NAV Server starts without any errors.
    I've created as well for the user as well for the nav server a windows login with super rights.

Firewall ist off.

I also tried to install the nav server directly on the sql server, but got the same error message.

On the SQL Server there is also a 4.00 SP3 Live DB.

I tried to start the "Best performance analyzer" on the nav server, but i get the error message, that the nav server is not installed. Although the server is installed properly..

Does anyone have any suggestions?

Hello,

I know that this is an old post but maybe my answer will help in future the other members.

You will get "SQL Network Interfaces, error: 26" error message while trying to connect to a SQL Server named instance and not when you use default instance. The client stack could not receive SSRP response UDP packet from SQL Browser.

You can fix it by:

Recheck the server name for any error and fix it
    Check the instance name for any error
    Check if SQL Server browser is running
    Control if this instance exist on server
    Ping the server and check if DNS can be resolved correctly

Also i the following article you have step by step tutorial about all above: https://www.get-itsolutions.com/sql-server-error-26-sql-error-40-fix/

thnx