Cost Amount in Item Ledger

kmkaotkmkaot Member Posts: 261
Dear Friends,

I need a help. Please dont advice me to Press F1 or go for training. Please.

On or before 16-02-12 my Unit cost of item as 104.30
On 6-02-12, I sold 1 one quantity for 180. My Cost amount was 104.30 and Sales amount was 180.

On 13/03/12 I have received some (3) quantity with Zero prices. Now my unit cost came down to 54.00 and

my cost amount on 06-02-12 sales became 54.00 and sales amount as it was 180.00

Since I have not recieved new stock on 06-02-12, my Unit cost be 104.30 and cost amount should be 104.0 only.

Can you advice please..

Warm regards
KMK

Comments

• gerrykistlergerrykistler Member Posts: 149
    What is the Costing Method of the Item? If it is Average what time period do you have the Average Costing Method in Inventory Setup?
    Gerry Kistler
    KCP Consultores
  • kmkaotkmkaot Member Posts: 261
    FIFO
    Where are you seeing the cost on the sale? What version are the objects? Do you have any modifications? Does the item have Item tracking?
    Gerry Kistler
    KCP Consultores
    I am looking in Item ledger entry. and Checked the value line Value entry table.

NAV 2009 SP1

Object ver. NAVW16.00.01,LSW16.1
    time period is Day
    If the Item is setup as FIFO, then what the Average Costing Method has nothing to do with the calculation of FIFO.

I assume you have run Adjust Cost - Item Entries. What is LSW16.1? Would you provide a screenshot of all the Item Ledger Entries for this item starting in February? Please show Item Ledger Entry No., Posting Date, Quantity, Invoiced Quantity, Unit Cost, Cost Amount (Actual), and Cost Amount (Expected).
    Gerry Kistler
    KCP Consultores
    Dear ,

Costing posting is automatic.
    When use Application some two extra lines created in Value entry.
  • SavatageSavatage Member Posts: 7,142
    kmkaot wrote:
    Dear , Costing posting is automatic.
    Alex Chow wrote:
    This is a misconception. Even setting the Automatic Cost Adjustment to Always, you STILL have to run the adjust cost - item entries process.
    :thumbsup: :wink:
    viewtopic.php?f=23&t=52249
    Hi Gerry Kistler,

STILL I COULD NOT UNDERSTAND THE SOLUTION. WHY MY COST AMOUNT SHOWING LESS BY TAKING FUTURE RECEIPTS IN CONSIDERATION.

PLEASE ADVICE WETHER I SHOULD APPROACH MICROSOFT?
    Please do not shout at me.

In order to assist further, please try responding to this post i made earlier:

I assume you have run Adjust Cost - Item Entries. What is LSW16.1? Would you provide a screenshot of all the Item Ledger Entries for this item starting in February? Please show Item Ledger Entry No., Posting Date, Quantity, Invoiced Quantity, Unit Cost, Cost Amount (Actual), and Cost Amount (Expected).
    Gerry Kistler
    KCP Consultores
    it is a request not a demand.

I came here to take help.

Thank you
    Then do not post in all capital letters - that is shouting - please read the posting rules.

I cannot help you further unless you provide more information as what you have described is not what happens in standard NAV using FIFO.

I have asked for the information twice now so if you want help, please respond to that request.
    Gerry Kistler
    KCP Consultores