Encryption error with Microsoft Payment Services

alsolalsol Member Posts: 243
edited 2012-06-06 in NAV Three Tier
Hi,

We are using Microsoft Payment Services for credit cards and it is working on the NAV server where everything has been set up. However as soon we try to enter or use a credit card on any of the clients we get the following error message:

This message is for ... Unable to create an instance of Automation Server
Microsoft.Dynamics.NAV.Encryption.RSAMachineKeyProvider with CLSID = .. Exception has been thron by the target of an invocation.

Any ideas? Microsoft support keeps telling me that they have no experience with Payment Services.

Comments

• koubekkoubek Member Posts: 84
    Have you tried to compile the object that instantiates the variable? Moreover from the client pc in case of Classic client or in case of the RTC from the machine that hosts middle tier...
  • alsolalsol Member Posts: 243
    We are using RTC and I did compile all the objects on the Service Tier. They all compiled without errors but it is still not working.

Any other ideas?
    I would try to create simple object (form, report, codeunit) and run the code that creates new instance of the automation from classic client on the "service" machine. I haven`t have any problem to instantiate my variable of the automation.

There is sth. next that defines NAV help:
    To work with payment services, you must start the Microsoft Dynamics NAV Server service with an Active Directory domain network account instead of with the Network Service account. If you have not set up a domain network account, then you will see the following error message:

Error Code=1020; Message = We encountered a problem resolving the host name. Contact your administrator if the problem persists.

I understand that it is not you case but...
    Or may be a problem of permissions... What kind of the account do you use to run the service?
  • alsolalsol Member Posts: 243
    After some testing we figured out the issue. It was a permission issue. The regular domain users had no access to the following path on the server that runs the service tier:

C:\Program Files\Common Files\Microsoft Dynamics NAV\Dynamics Online Payment Client

When searching for the CLSID of the error message in the registry, it shows the path it requires access. After we changed this, the Authorization worked on all clients.
    Ok, i supposed that could be problem of the permissions because i had faced not completely the same but a similar one problem... Thanks for your reply.