RTC Reports Printing - Small and in Left Upper Corner

lgplgp Member Posts: 77
edited 2012-10-17 in NAV Three Tier
Hi - when I print reports from RTC, the data is printing in small font in the upper left corner of the paper (see attachment). Print preview looks fine, and printing is fine from Classic. I have 2 builds of NAV 2009 R2 running side by side on my pc - original build and Build 32942, and both are printing the RTC reports this way. (When I only had the original build installed, it was also printing this way, so it's not the result of the multiple builds). Has anyone seen this?
Thanks!
Leanne G. Paul
Business Applications/IT Advisor, Competitive Edge Services

Comments

• rico1931rico1931 Member Posts: 295
    lgp wrote:
    Hi - when I print reports from RTC, the data is printing in small font in the upper left corner of the paper (see attachment). Print preview looks fine, and printing is fine from Classic. I have 2 builds of NAV 2009 R2 running side by side on my pc - original build and Build 32942, and both are printing the RTC reports this way. (When I only had the original build installed, it was also printing this way, so it's not the result of the multiple builds). Has anyone seen this?
    Thanks!

What does your Visual Studio layout look like? Maybe something on there that is making it print like that
    -rico1931
  • lgplgp Member Posts: 77
    I had made a couple of small changes to the RTC layout for the Sales Order that is in the image (i.e. replaced Your Reference field with Ext. Doc. No., added Shipping Agent description, added Ship Date column). However, all of my reports are printing that way, including standard reports that I have not modified.
    Leanne G. Paul
  • SavatageSavatage Member Posts: 7,142
    looks like it's printing in landscape. Is that your printers default orientation?
  • Jatin_PatelJatin_Patel Member Posts: 200
    Please attach your visual studio layout.
    Jatin Patel
    Microsoft Dynamics NAV Consultant
    Jatin's Blog
  • skullaskulla Member Posts: 140
    Hi, I am sorry but i don't think i have understood the real issue with the report, is the report layout an issue or data format on the report.
    Thanks for the responses - I have been away on vacation...
    Savatage - it is not printing landscape, the orientation is portrait.
    Jatin - All reports are printing this way, not just the one report I have modified, so I'm not sure there's any benefit to attaching the VS layout.
    Skulla - the issue is with the layout. The data is correct, but all text is printing "squished" up into the upper left corner of the report.
    Leanne G. Paul
  • SavatageSavatage Member Posts: 7,142
    Check your margins too.

Perhaps the right margin is 2.5 instead of .25
    :-k
  • clauslclausl Member Posts: 455
    Send me the report, then I will have a look at it. Use pm to share contact details.

/Claus Lundstrøm
    Claus Lundstrøm | MVP | Senior Product Manager | Continia.com
    I'm blogging here:http://mibuso.com/blogs/clausl and used to blog here: http://blogs.msdn.com/nav
    I'm also offering RDLC Report Training, ping me if you are interested. Thanks to the 700 NAV developers that have now already been at my training. You know you can always call if you have any RDLC report issues :-)
  • cernstcernst Member Posts: 280
    Did you solve this? I have the same issue, for two users when printing RTC reports (all RTC reports). It's the same build and I've checked the printer settings with no luck.

/Claus Lundstrøm
    Claus Lundstrøm | MVP | Senior Product Manager | Continia.com
    I'm blogging here:http://mibuso.com/blogs/clausl and used to blog here: http://blogs.msdn.com/nav
    I'm also offering RDLC Report Training, ping me if you are interested. Thanks to the 700 NAV developers that have now already been at my training. You know you can always call if you have any RDLC report issues :-)
    Well time can make problems dissapear so I guess I'll wait a little bit longer :D

The problem isn't in the layout it works perfekt for all other users. Maybe a later build will correct this problem but nothing I can find in msft support but I'll give the latest build a try.
    So sorry, between vacations and busy schedules, I had let this one drop. Claus, I will send you a PM with a report attached, although I'm not sure what looking at the layout will reveal. This is happening on any report that I print, standard reports as well as custom, so I haven't made a change to the standard report layouts to cause the problem. It's also happening on different builds of R2. I do appreciate the feedback and help on this - and again apologize for not keeping up on this after asking for help. :oops:
    Leanne G. Paul
    Hi All - updating you that this is still unresolved. Claus worked with me to try some things (thanks so much Claus!) but it's still happening. The only thing I did notice was that if I print to pdf using the built-in NAV function, the report prints correctly. If my print to my PDF995 printer, it does not. If anyone has figured out a resolution in the meantime, please post.
    Leanne G. Paul
    Hi, I think I got the solution. On client computers they have set magnify to get bigger icon etc. That's whats causing my problems when printing RTC reports. Check it out if it works for you as well.