How much does NAV Developer make?

nvermanverma Member Posts: 396
edited 2012-07-17 in General Chat
Hey yall,

Few months ago, I was hired as a NAV Developer in a really small company. I was just curious to know what's the pay scope as a NAV developer. How much does a NAV developer make an hour or yearly (2000 hours) when they are starting out and how much do they make after few years of experience?

Thanks

Comments

• SogSog Member Posts: 1,023
    I started Gross at 1800 LCY/month (around the time I joined MiBuSo) and currently sit on 2300 with a job hop soon to 2600
    |Pressing F1 is so much faster than opening your browser|
    |To-Increase|
  • davmac1davmac1 Member Posts: 1,283
    Depends on the country and location.
    USA for experienced developers runs from 80K to 120K a year including bonuses.
    A good developer needs a deep knowledge of NAV, ERP, and business (and people).
    There are probably some outliers making less and more.
    A full-time freelancer can make a lot more (or a lot less).
  • nvermanverma Member Posts: 396
    I work wondering about USA and Canada because I live/work in canada.
  • davmac1davmac1 Member Posts: 1,283
    If you are new to NAV then take the opportunity to learn all you can and become an expert - which takes time. Regard this as a paid learning opportunity.
  • Alex_ChowAlex_Chow Member Posts: 5,063
    A NAV developer will make enough money so he/she does not ever have to starve. But will not make enough to become rich.

NAV is not the profession you want if you want to become rich.
  • DenSterDenSter Member Posts: 8,304
    davmac1 wrote:
    USA for experienced developers runs from 80K to 120K a year including bonuses.
    It takes a LOT of experience and expertise to get that kind of a salary. If you're just starting out you should expect a salary that represents your level of seniority and education level. Most of the time NAV developers are recruited with at least a bachelor degree, so an entry level salary would be what you would expect at that level.
  • Miklos_HollenderMiklos_Hollender Member Posts: 1,598
    Alex Chow wrote:
    A NAV developer will make enough money so he/she does not ever have to starve. But will not make enough to become rich.

NAV is not the profession you want if you want to become rich.

Unless you freelance. One of the large recruiting agencies made a survey recently. Austria is not really known for high salary - quite an egalitarian culture - yet the average freelancing we was like €600 a day i.e. $730 - that sounds like a lot. Of course it really depends how many days per month one can actually invoice. I assume rarely more than 15 and I figure often a freelancer must be happy with only 10.