Can not open customized RTC page

nasheernasheer Member Posts: 78
edited 2012-09-12 in NAV Three Tier
Hi All

I would like to request your help regarding the below issue.

We customized some new forms, transform to pages successfully. But whenever open the page RTC crashes and prompt as 'Microsoft Dymanics NAV stopped working'.

Event Error details as below

Fault bucket 1568470787, type 5
Event Name: DynamicsNavServiceException
Response: Not available
Cab Id: 0

Problem signature:
P1: Microsoft.Dynamics.Nav.Client
P2: 6.0.32012.0
P3: 4d030e65
P4: Microsoft.Dynamics.Nav.Client.ServiceConnection.dll
P5: 6.0.32012.0
P6: 4d030e55
P7: 165
P8: 8d
P9: System.NullReferenceException
P10:

Attached files:
C:\Users\sn\AppData\Local\Temp\11176.1.634781397619220619.dmp
C:\Users\sn\AppData\Local\Temp\11176.1.634781397619220619.txt

These files may be available here:
C:\Users\syed\AppData\Local\Microsoft\Windows\WER\ReportArchive\Critical_Microsoft.Dynami_26207e4d2232d7faa6a11f8482f7c9a58599347c_2a6b4e94

Analysis symbol:
Rechecking for solution: 0
Report Id: 70554c7d-cfea-11e1-873f-002713b8f7cf
Report Status: 0

Type: System.NullReferenceException
Message: Object reference not set to an instance of an object.
StackTrace:
at Microsoft.Dynamics.Nav.Client.ExceptionHandler.<>c__DisplayClass2.<DoRethrowWithCatchException>b__0()
at Microsoft.Dynamics.Nav.Client.ExceptionHandler.ExecuteAndCatchExceptions(Func`1 execute)
at Microsoft.Dynamics.Nav.Client.ExceptionHandler.DoExecute(Func`1 execute)
at Microsoft.Dynamics.Nav.Client.ExceptionHandler.DoRethrowWithCatchException(Exception exception)
Source: Microsoft.Dynamics.Nav.Client
Type: System.NullReferenceException
Message: Object reference not set to an instance of an object.
StackTrace:
at Microsoft.Dynamics.Nav.Client.ServiceConnection.AnalyzeTableRelations(MasterPage page, String personalizationId)
at Microsoft.Dynamics.Nav.Client.ServiceConnection.AnalyzeDependencies(MasterPage page, String personalizationId)
at Microsoft.Dynamics.Nav.Client.ServiceConnection.GetMasterPageFromCache(Int32 pageId, String personalizationId, Boolean applyPersonalization, Boolean doGetDependencies)
at Microsoft.Dynamics.Nav.Client.ServiceConnection.GetMasterPage(Int32 pageId, String personalizationId, Boolean applyPersonalization)
at Microsoft.Dynamics.Nav.Client.FormBuilder.BuilderSession.CreateLogicalForm(Int32 formId, FormState formState, Int32 retryCounter)
at Microsoft.Dynamics.Nav.Client.FormBuilder.BuilderSession.CreateLogicalForm(Int32 formId, FormState formState)
at Microsoft.Dynamics.Nav.Client.FormActivator.RunPageInternal(ViewMode mode, Int32 formId, String personalizationId, Guid node, NavBookmark bookmark, UISession uiSession)
at Microsoft.Dynamics.Nav.Client.FormActivator.RunPage(Int32 formId, String personalizationId, NavBookmark bookmark, ViewMode mode, Guid node)
Source: Microsoft.Dynamics.Nav.Client.ServiceConnection

Can anyone help me to sort out this issue?

Thank You.

Regards
Nasheer.

Answers

• ara3nara3n Member Posts: 9,255
    What I've done in the past is load the report in 2013 and see how it behaves. 2013 is much better at catching the errors of page objects and will give you a more meaningful error.
    Ahmed Rashed Amini
    Independent Consultant/Developer

blog: https://dynamicsuser.net/nav/b/ara3n
  • kinekine Member Posts: 12,562
    For me it looks like page designed in different NAV build than RTC/NAV Server build. Are you sure that the object was compiled with same build as RTC/NST?
    Kamil Sacek
    MVP - Dynamics NAV
    My BLOG
    NAVERTICA a.s.
  • nasheernasheer Member Posts: 78
    Thanks Kine.

Yes, the page designed in different NAV build than RTC/NAV Server build.

Regards
    Nasheer.
  • kinekine Member Posts: 12,562
    Each time you are importing objects from different build, you need to recompile the objects with the build they will be used with.
    Kamil Sacek
    MVP - Dynamics NAV
    My BLOG
    NAVERTICA a.s.