RapidStart trouble

TayamarnTayamarn Member Posts: 3
edited 2013-08-05 in NAV Three Tier
Hi all!

I'm totally new to NAV 2013, so, when asked to get familiar with RapidStart Services, I opened a pdf called "How To - Demoscript RapidStart Services for Microsoft Dynamics NAV".
The "Preparing Demo Data" part was no problem, so I quickly saved a .rapidstart package to my PC and moved on.
In the "Demo 1 – Quick Deployment using the RapidStart Services Wizard" I was asked to open a RapidStart Services Wizard, fill a few fields and load my configuration package. That's where the problem popped out; I saw a window that told me: "The specified file could not be imported because it is not a valid RapidStart package file."
What could I have done wrong?

I've got NAV 2013 7.0.22781.0 just installed, no modifications. I choosed "Install Demo" option during setup if it matters.

Thanks in advance and sorry for my poor English. =)

Comments

• phoenixlifephoenixlife Member Posts: 2
    Hi, Tayamarn

I got the same error message as you. I tried to search partner souce, no clue about it.

I also tried to use the export to excel and import from excel to create the package in the new company, but I still got an error that "The Config. Package Table doesnot exist....". It seems to me that the exported file doesnot have the Config. Package and Config. Package Table data so it gives out the error. Probably it is a problem of NAV2013 under certain enviroment setup..

Looking forward to any MVP's response. Thanks.

Best Regards
    Phoenix
  • golfergolfer Member Posts: 88
    @Tayamarn: Did you enter the correct details and path to the rapidstart file in the wizard in Step 4- Select Package?

@Phoenix: It seems you have exported a single table file, and then in another Company you are trying to import this file without first having setup a package and included this table in it. If so, enter a package code, and then enter the table you exported earlier and define the same fields as in the export. Then try to import the file.
  • phoenixlifephoenixlife Member Posts: 2
    Hi, Golfer

Thanks for your response. I have followed the standard guide to export the whole package into excel instead of a single table.

Finally I got it work by setting the locale language to English. It seems that the standrd rapidstart function doesnot suppor double byte locale, such sa Chinese.

Best Regards
    Phoenix
  • AsallaiAsallai Member Posts: 141
    I have the same error. I did all of what the MS Training video or MSDN but when I select the exported rapdistart file the error message is above:
    The specified file could not be imported because it is not a valid RapidStart package file.
    :?:
    There is no other necessary steps to do, only the Wizard Name and select the rapidstart file.
    Anybody has similar problem? ](*,)
  • AsallaiAsallai Member Posts: 141
    Asallai wrote:
    I have the same error. I did all of what the MS Training video or MSDN but when I select the exported rapdistart file the error message is above:
    The specified file could not be imported because it is not a valid RapidStart package file.
    :?:
    There is no other necessary steps to do, only the Wizard Name and select the rapidstart file.
    Anybody has similar problem? ](*,)

Okay, I think I have found the problem. Every Regional Settings must(!) in English! Otherwise the syntax of the RapidStart.config file is invalid.