To create new fields in a table BBDD

MaykolMaykol Member Posts: 11
edited 2006-05-09 in Navision DOS
Is possible to create new fields in a table with a order number less than 150?

Comments

• Marije_BrummelMarije_Brummel Member, Moderators Design Patterns Posts: 4,262
    If you mean creating new fields in Navision tables (<50000) with fieldnumner <50000 the answer is no. :(

Unless you have some supernavisionlicense :mrgreen:

You can create fields with numbers between 50000 and 99999
    Oops, I see now that this is the DOS forum! Do you mean DOS or are you posting in the wrong forum?

It is friday afternoon. :roll:
    Well, I've just had a quick look in an old DOS database and the minimum value is indeed 150 so my guess is it's the same as the 50000 theory in the windows version.

You need a 'superlicense' to do this, I know they exist for windows but I don't reccomend using them.
  • MaykolMaykol Member Posts: 11
    Is possible to have the superlicense?
    Nope, I had one by accident. I never used it because it would only complicate things when you'dd upgrade. I don't even think I still have it. :?

What are you exactly trying to achieve? Why do you need this field?
    In our Navision BBDD there are “black hole designs”. I am able to modify Field Name, Type and Length but I cannot add more fields with the order number less than 150. ](*,)

I am not thinking about deleting fields [-X , but I would like to have the same fields and order for having “integrity” between tables. You know?!… fields number 20 are the same in the table Clients and Head Orders…

How is possible to know if I have the superlicense (“by accident”)? :whistle:

By the way I have another question, ¿What is the maximum Gb of Navision BBDD?. Making test and trials on our BBDD I see it is 2 Gb. ¿Is it the maximum? :?:

ThanKs Mark for your helping :D
  • ktvallentinktvallentin Member Posts: 3
    Hi there.

The maximum database size of the old DOS version of Navision is 32GB, but your license file must allow it.

You purchased granules of 100MB each.

The thing to remember is, that the individual database files may NOT exceed 2GB each. When you expand your database beyond the 2GB "limit", you have to create a new database file. The most optimal way is to have several physical harddisks in the server and create equal sized files on each disk. Everytime you double your number of physical disks, you cut your response time in half.

Regards,
    Kim
    Thanks a lot for your help ktvallentin.

O:) O:) =D> =D>
  • ridczakridczak Member Posts: 8
    Hi there.

.... The most optimal way is to have several physical harddisks in the server and create equal sized files on each disk. Everytime you double your number of physical disks, you cut your response time in half.

Regards,
    Kim

Hello,

we have our DB (3.5GB) in 3 files. Is it better to have them on a hardware RAID5 setup (3 SCSI HDDs) or just 3 separate disks? I think that RAID5 is maybe a bit slower but much safer than 3 separate disks? Is it correct?

Best Regards