Preparing for Development- II exam

bksbks Member Posts: 115
Hey All...

I want to appear for development- II exam. I have heard that nothing is asked from solution development pdf. It is a revision of development- I only but with some practical scenarios...

All those, who have appeared and cleared development- II can please guide me for preperation method.- Should I concentrate fully on Development- I pdf or only Solution Development PDFs are sufficient?

Regards,

BKS

Answers

• DenSterDenSter Member Posts: 8,304
    I wonder where you got those pdf's...

You should study the training material for Developer I and developer II, as well as the application designers guide, as well as the programming standards material. The training materials can be downloaded from partnersource, or purchased from Microsoft, and the other material should be on the product CD.
  • bksbks Member Posts: 115
    Hey..

Any questions on ODBC, OCX, CFRONT, OCX , Automation and Implementation Methodology are asked?

Thanks..
  • gadzilla1gadzilla1 Member Posts: 316
    Hi BKS,

I hope this helps...

I fully agree with DenSter on the study materials, all of the resources he listed helped me pass the exam the first time.

I'd like to add that the practice tests included in both the Dev 1 and Dev II manuals were helpful.

Also I believe that approximately 25-30% of the exam materials come from Dev 1 material.

Good luck and have a great day - gad1 (1 more exam to go!)
  • WaldoWaldo Member Posts: 3,412
    I agree you should study the Application Designer's Guide ... but this is not needed to pass the exam.

Eric Wauters
    MVP - Microsoft Dynamics NAV
    My blog
    Yes it does. Studying additional material is always a good idea. It will make you a better C/AL developer, which is a much better goal than *just* passing the exam.

There ARE questions about what's in the adg that is not in the training material. If it gives you the answer to just 1 question, and you get exactly the right number of good answers, it helped you pass.
  • zutzuzutzu Member Posts: 86
    I have just passed that exam this morning.
    All the things that people have told you are true.

Good luck
    Hey congratulations \:D/ good work!
    DenSter wrote:
    Yes it does. Studying additional material is always a good idea. It will make you a better C/AL developer, which is a much better goal than *just* passing the exam.

There ARE questions about what's in the adg that is not in the training material. If it gives you the answer to just 1 question, and you get exactly the right number of good answers, it helped you pass.

Sorry, man, I didn't study it ... and I passed pretty well \:D/
    How do they call it ... "cum laude" ... "tripple A" ... :wink: ?

Eric Wauters
    My blog
    Ah but that doesn't mean that the information in that document will not help you pass does it :mrgreen:
    DenSter wrote:
    Ah but that doesn't mean that the information in that document will not help you pass does it :mrgreen:

That's true ... you win =D> :mrgreen:

Eric Wauters
    My blog
  • bksbks Member Posts: 115
    Thanks for all the replies..! Really useful =D> but what is programming standards material? :?
    I believe it comes with the NAV development course material. It's a document that describes the 'coding standards' in NAV development.