Options

No business entities available (BN,Nav4SP3)

NoobyNooby Member Posts: 15
I'm having a problem with Business Notification. After a successful by-the-book installation, using Nav4SP3 with SQL SERVER 2005 Standard Edition. the following message appears when trying to create a new schema.

"There are no business entities available. Please ensure there is a company selected in Navision."

However, there is a company selected in Navision.

Any ideas??

Comments

• Options
    ayhan06ayhan06 Member Posts: 210
    i came up with this problem..(i have never run BN succesfully :( ) but i can say that there are some kb articles in the partnersource.. one of them points your problem.
  • Options
    bobyboby Member Posts: 78
    Hello,
    did you find a way to run it with your system configuration (SP3 + SQL server 2005)??
    I've the same problem.. I've read all the related posts but I can't find any solution to the "business entities" problem..

I haven't found anything in partner source :bug: :bug:

Please, some advice from people who succeeded in this challenge..
  • Options
    papvrepapvre Member Posts: 24
    The problem is in .NET version. Try to make two TXT files with the following code:

<?xml version ="1.0"?>
    <configuration>
    <startup>
    <supportedRuntime version="v1.1.4322" />
    </startup>
    </configuration>

Save it as fin.exe.config and finsql.exe.config. These two files copy in Navsion folder.

1. Start Navision, select company
    2. Start Business Notification Manager

I think this helps.
  • Options
    bobyboby Member Posts: 78
    I'll try it ASAP!!

Thanks
  • Options
    d1qsd1qs Member Posts: 2
    Hi Papvre,

I tried to create the txt files, it works, but now facing another problem while starting from complete schemes. Error message says: the programm can not connect to the server. The server might run under an account which no longer valid or the web configuration file might corrupted. please contact your sys admin.

Is there anyone know how to deal with this?

Thanks all..
  • Options
    GnovaldGnovald Member Posts: 67
    Hi all!

I have the same problem, but I can't get it to work.

I did a succefull installation on my sql server last week, got everything to work, after that I realized that BN doesn't go well with Sharepoint, which we are setting up on the same server. So I am now moving the Business Notification installation to the exchange server instead. The installation went through alright, but after starting up the BNM I recieved the error mention above.

During the earlier attempts and the succeful installation before I never saw this error message, but I did fix those two files and now I have just copied them from the old installation (sql server) to the new installation on the mail server. But still the same problem!

Anything else that might work, or that I might have missed!

/Andreas