Options

Barcode39 in Pure C/AL

AdministratorAdministrator Member, Moderator, Administrator Posts: 2,496
edited 2010-02-04 in Download section
Barcode39 in Pure C/AL
Barcode 3 of 9 (code39) generation codeunit
This upload contains a codeunit that will generate a code 3 of 9 barcode without using any external resources; no fonts, no DLLs, nothing.

How it works
The codeunit generates a BMP 'file' on the fly using C/AL. The image is stored in a BLOB field on some record. The record is never written to the database so it doesn't matter what table is used. This code uses the 'Object' table.

Advantages
Unlike a font (eg: http://www.squaregear.net/fonts/free3of9.shtml ) this can be displayed at any size in both the X and Y dimensions. In addition the font doesn't have to be installed on the client machine.

The example report
Also included in this upload is a simple report that prints a barcode for each item in the database using the "Vendor item No."

http://www.mibuso.com/dlinfo.asp?FileID=1043

Discuss this download here.

Comments

• Options
    MaximusMaximus Member Posts: 105
    Thank you Robbert,

last week I used the Barcodegenerator from this site which uses the same functionality as you do. You call an exe with some parameters, it generates a bmp file which can be imported into a BLOB field and used further in NAV. Your download has the advantage that you don't need to call an exe outside of NAV but it only generates Code 39 barcodes. The Barcodegenerator can generate a lot of barcodetypes (20 different types I believe). Is it possible that you add this functionality to your download? I think that would be a very welcome addition :)

Regards, Max
  • Options
    ckruseckruse Member Posts: 0
    Hello Robert,
    Thank you for the wonderful bar code generator.....it works wonderfully when I use my VAR's license. I am running into a permission error for the code unit when I use my license. We are currently using version 3.7. Any suggestions?
  • Options
    nthainthai Member Posts: 22
    I HOPE that someone can help. I downloaded the Barcode39.fob file from this site and have successfully printed barcode on my Picking List.
    Now I'm trying to figure out how the Scan Barcode works in Navision. I have a barcode scanner from Symbol LS4000i.
    I opened a Text Editor and scanned the Sales Order # that was barcoded in my Picking List and it beeps and my Sales Order # appears on the Text Editor. I scanned the Item # and again it beeps and the Item # shows in the Text Editor.

I felt good and I scanned the barcode on my Vitamins bottle and again it beeps and the 10 digits # shows up on my Text Editor.

Now, I open my Navision 3.60, Item Journals and I clicked on the "Item No." column then I scanned the Item # on my Picking List, it beeps BUT THE ITEM # IS NOW SHOWING ON THE "DESCRIPTION" FIELD INSTEAD OF THE ITEM # FIELD???

It jumps to the next field in other words. Why? Does anybody know why does it jump?

NIEM THAI
  • Options
    SavatageSavatage Member Posts: 7,142
    Is the Auto Enter or Max Length or next control property set on the item# field?

If you scann it into the Item# field then It should appear there - or at least wih some error :-k
  • Options
    It is a Vanilla (unmodified) Item Journals in 3.60.

The field (or column) before "Item #" is "Document No.", I have to put my cursor on "Document No." column and then scan the barcode on my Picking List. It jumped to "Item #" column, filled in the correct Item # and validate and show the Item Description on the Description field. That is my works around.

This is my 1st Barcode project, is there anything specials that I have to do to make it validate on its own field rather the field next to it?

Thank you for your helps.

NIEM THAI
  • Options
    Sounds like your barcode or your barcode reader is reading and or inserting a TAB before the data.

just for a test if you do it in excel does it jump over to the next cell also?
  • Options
    Alex_ChowAlex_Chow Member Posts: 5,063
    Your barcode scanner should've came with instructions barcodes. Sounds like you need to program the scanner using the instruction barcodes first.
  • Options
    most barcode manufacturers have a downloadable programming manual on their web site if you've discarded yours.
  • Options
    Savatage wrote:
    Sounds like your barcode or your barcode reader is reading and or inserting a TAB before the data.

just for a test if you do it in excel does it jump over to the next cell also?

I think you are right about the TAB before the data. In Excel 2003, it creates a blank spot in line 1 and put the data in line 2.

I'll google up on manufacture manual and see...Thanks GUYS!

NIEM THAI