I think my memory is going.

David_SingletonDavid_Singleton Member Posts: 5,479
edited 2011-09-05 in General Chat
I have been tied up with a number of personal issues recently, so haven't had much time to post. Over the last couple of weeks though I have found my self a few times searching for an answer to a question on mibuso. The sad thing is that each time I found a thread with a good answer, it was me that had answered it. ](*,) ](*,) ](*,) ](*,) ](*,) ](*,)

Anyway, hi everyone, what did I miss?
David Singleton

Comments

• David_SingletonDavid_Singleton Member Posts: 5,479
    Oh and does Kamil have 20,000 yet? :mrgreen:
    David Singleton
  • matttraxmatttrax Member Posts: 2,309
    The sad thing is that each time I found a thread with a good answer, it was me that had answered it.

Been there.
  • SavatageSavatage Member Posts: 7,142
    I know for me it's due to the cumulative years of the enjoyment of BEER!
    \:D/
    Savatage wrote:
    I know for me it's due to the cumulative years of the enjoyment of BEER!
    \:D/

There was a great scene on "Cheers" about that.
    David Singleton
    This one:
    Cliff: Well ya see, Norm, it's like this. A herd of buffalo can only move as fast as the slowest buffalo. And when the herd is hunted, it is the slowest and weakest ones at the back that are killed first. This natural selection is good for the herd as a whole, because the general speed and health of the whole group keeps improving by the regular killing of the weakest members. In much the same way, the human brain can only operate as fast as the slowest brain cells. Excessive intake of alcohol, as we know, kills brain cells. But naturally, it attacks the slowest and weakest brain cells first. In this way, regular consumption of beer eliminates the weaker brain cells, making the brain a faster and more efficient machine. That's why you always feel smarter after a few beers.

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0083399/quotes?qt0461693
    David Singleton
  • SogSog Member Posts: 1,023
    That's because the general geeky population (with internet access) is shifting it's memory to not remembering facts but remembering where they can find those facts. Because the speed of finding something on the internet is starting to get faster than remembering the facts themselves. So congratz, you've became smarter (loads of facts ready at your fingertips {if you use a keyboard}) by using searchengines.
    Just remember that you won't find everything back because of filter bubbles.
    |Pressing F1 is so much faster than opening your browser|
    |To-Increase|
  • SavatageSavatage Member Posts: 7,142
    Sog wrote:
    That's because the general geeky population (with internet access) is shifting it's memory to not remembering facts but remembering where they can find those facts.

Exactly, Thanks to cell phones I can't remember anyone's phone numbers anymore.
    everything is stored somewhere #-o
  • einsTeIn.NETeinsTeIn.NET Member Posts: 1,050
    This one:
    Cliff: Well ya see, Norm, it's like this. A herd of buffalo can only move as fast as the slowest buffalo. And when the herd is hunted, it is the slowest and weakest ones at the back that are killed first. This natural selection is good for the herd as a whole, because the general speed and health of the whole group keeps improving by the regular killing of the weakest members. In much the same way, the human brain can only operate as fast as the slowest brain cells. Excessive intake of alcohol, as we know, kills brain cells. But naturally, it attacks the slowest and weakest brain cells first. In this way, regular consumption of beer eliminates the weaker brain cells, making the brain a faster and more efficient machine. That's why you always feel smarter after a few beers.
    hahaha... I like that one! :lol::lol::lol:
    "Money is likewise the greatest chance and the greatest scourge of mankind."
  • einsTeIn.NETeinsTeIn.NET Member Posts: 1,050
    Savatage wrote:
    Exactly, Thanks to cell phones I can't remember anyone's phone numbers anymore.
    Yeah, Birthdays are the same... #-o
    "Money is likewise the greatest chance and the greatest scourge of mankind."
  • BeliasBelias Member Posts: 2,998
    phew, i'm not the only one \:D/
    honestly, you can guess it from my signature :mrgreen:
    And what about roads?I do not remember roads at all: i LIVE with the navigator, because it takes me something like 20 trips to remember a road to go somewhere that is 15 km farther than me :oops:

and yes, i remember birthdays thanks to facebook :whistle:
    -Mirko-
    "Never memorize what you can easily find in a book".....Or Mibuso
    My Blog
  • krikikriki Member, Moderator Posts: 9,094
    Belias wrote:
    and I thanks to my wife..... :whistle: :whistle: :whistle:
    Regards,Alain Krikilion
    No PM,please use the forum. || May the <SOLVED>-attribute be in your title!

• BeliasBelias Member Posts: 2,998
    kriki wrote:
    Belias wrote:
    and I thanks to my wife..... :whistle: :whistle: :whistle:
    this link easily merges your post with "too much time spent with nav":
    http://www.mibuso.com/dlinfo.asp?FileID=1163
    -Mirko-
    "Never memorize what you can easily find in a book".....Or Mibuso
    My Blog