Options

Minimum recommended patch levels

jbgroblerjbgrobler Member Posts: 18
edited 2014-07-31 in NAV Three Tier
Hi,

I am interested to hear what NAV professionals recommend when it comes to the minimum recommended patch level for NAV 2013 and NAV 2013 R2 as of today (30 July 2014). The cumulative updates are coming thick and fast but is there a recommendation?

Answers

• Options
    Rob_HansenRob_Hansen Member Posts: 296
    If you're in Cambridge, ON you're a matter of minutes away from me...

As a general rule, I advise clients that they should always be on the latest build/update...especially on NAV 2013 R2 as there have been a number of critical updates for serious issues. For clients that are stable on earlier releases (NAV 2009, etc.) we normally don't suggest updating until they hit an issue that looks to be at the executable level. Then we suggest installing the latest build before spending too much time digging into it...it's a waste of effort if Microsoft has already addressed it in a patch.
  • Options
    TonyDuarteTonyDuarte Member Posts: 92
    If I had to choose right now the best would be:

As for NAV 2013 cumulative update 14, I remember a problem we found that the webclient was having timeouts too early even when we made changes o the timmer but it was a bug and was corrected if I recall right in the update 11.
    As for NAV 2013 R2 cumulative update 8, 6 would be ok, since there was a series of major problems solved but still I would try to keep my version as updated as possible.

To finish I would have to agree with rdhansen for these 2 versions always try to keep updated :)
    Just for the following, you will always avoid trying to solve problems that might be solved in the future, you might say that it isn't a solution, correct! Microsoft might never solve it since there are other priorities but still can you imagine spending time solving a problem and then you get the solution? Unless it's causing major problems and you can't wait for a solution that might never arrive :)
  • Options
    jbgroblerjbgrobler Member Posts: 18
    Thanks for all the replies.

@TonyDuarte: Yes, in Cambridge, on Sheldon Drive.