NAV2013 R2

rakeshrrakeshr Member Posts: 15
edited 2015-07-06 in NAV Three Tier
Hi Team,

We have Version 7.10.37563 installed for NAV2013 R2. But we are having issues with date format

Documents that come through the webservices from a third-party application are coming through with US Dates or blank (as there are no month 29/06/2015). We've checked the regional settings in both test and production and they are identical. I've also check with NAVSupport, and he assures that there are no date settings done under the NAV Service running the Webservices and anywhere else in NAV.

Comments

• MarijnMarijn Member Posts: 69
    Are you sure it's supposed to work when using localized formats in the webservices? What will happen when another third party from a different region needs to use the webservices as well? I suggest you use an unambiguous format, like 2015-06-29.
  • rakeshrrakeshr Member Posts: 15
    We have done testing with no date issues in our Development environment and our current Production server have the same set up as development. Is there anywhere else within NAV that have date settings?
  • JonasAJonasA Member Posts: 28
    I think it is very strange that NAV returns an invalid date when the date is blank. What date does it choose? A date at random?

Have you tried looking at the service languages?
  • vaprogvaprog Member Posts: 1,116
    Hi,
    Please take a look at the following KnowledgeBase article. https://mbs2.microsoft.com/Knowledgebase/KBDisplay.aspx?scid=kb$EN-US$2575205

Microsoft did not deem it fit to tell, how they fixed that problem, but what they did is to use en-US as the locale within webservice Sessions. And although you may switch the language, the date format is not affected. (http://blogs.msdn.com/b/nav/archive/2011/10/03/en-us-as-web-services-default-language.aspx)

I also recommend the following blog post: Culture Settings on NAV Web Services

As for the Services Language setting as JonasA pointed out, this is a new setting in NAV 2015, and I do not have any experience with that.

I have never worked with Page based web services, but with Codeunit based ones I recommend to use XML format for dates. With XMLport parameters use the corresponding property in the XMLport, with regular parameters use a text variable and use FORMAT(Date,0,9) and EVALUATE(DateString,9) for in and out going dates, and a fully specified format string if ever you need to format or evaluate a date anywhere else.