Split purch. invoice into several w/ different posting dates

Sl1m4erSl1m4er Member Posts: 42
Hi guys,
Scenario is the following:
NAV receives an expense/purchase invoice from external system, which can be 'periodized'.
It is easier to explain using an example.

Example, data from external system:
- There is an invoice from vendor 'Dell A/S', which should be posted on GL account 226510 'Test account'.
- Posting date = 01-07-2015.
- Invoice total = 100.00 DKK
- Invoice number = 2345
- Periodization parameter is set to 4 in the external system.

What should happen in NAV:
- NAV should split the invoice amount into 4 parts as it is defined by 'periodization' parameter
- The first 'splitted' invoice part should be posted at defined invoice posting date
- Next 'splitted' invoice parts should be posted as '+1M' to the defined invoice posting date.

Please take a look at the screenshot below which explains how the customer expects the invoice to be posted:
a4veza.png

The question is:
How can the requested functionality be achieved in NAV?
(Since it is not possible to post entries from the Purch. Journal with the combination of the same Document No. and External Document No., but with Posting Dates being in the different periods.)

Thanks in advance.

Comments

• evandeveerdonkevandeveerdonk Member Posts: 49
    Hi,

this is a request that many customers have because they want the cost to be posted on serveral periods.
    We have always solved this by adding an extra function in Codeunit 90 to divide these costs over several period after the PI is posted. (It requires of course some extra parameters in the Purchase line table of course)

Ernst
    http://www.vssolutions NAV-Outlook synchronisation re-invented.
  • Sl1m4erSl1m4er Member Posts: 42
    Hi, Ernst. Thanks for your reply.
    We have always solved this by adding an extra function in Codeunit 90 to divide these costs over several period after the PI is posted. (It requires of course some extra parameters in the Purchase line table of course)

Can you please describe the logic of the function you used in this scenario?
  • evandeveerdonkevandeveerdonk Member Posts: 49
    You need 2 parameters on you PI-line:
    - Startdate
    - No Of periods (asuming per month)

Let say 07-08-2015, 4 periods as in your example
    So after you posted the PI, 100 was posted in G/L account 226510

NAV wil then create 5 new postings. Let say 226515 is a balance account

01-07:
    226510 -/- 100
    226515 + 100
    This is to post the costs to a balance account

01-07:
    226515 -/- 25
    226510 + 25

01-08
    226515 -/- 25
    226510 + 25

and so on.
    (ps, I might get the -/- and +-ses mixed up, but you got the idea I hope)
    Please not that I do NOT post the VAT amounts, I even think it's not allowed to do that. And besides that, there is no customer that will post it's purchase VAT ahead in the future, it means that it will postpone the amounts to appear on the VAT statements
    http://www.vssolutions NAV-Outlook synchronisation re-invented.
  • Sl1m4erSl1m4er Member Posts: 42
    Hi, Ernst.
    Thanks for the hint, I got it.