Options

2009 3 tier NTLM authentication error

leegeorgeHughesleegeorgeHughes Member Posts: 26
edited 2015-09-03 in NAV Three Tier
Hello,

Im currently ](*,) here and was wondering if someone could help?

I have a site that is running 2009R2 classic client but we are using the service tiers for outlook synchronisation and a mobile warehousing add on, all of these service tiers run correctly and are stable.

The service tiers are installed on a different machine to the SQL server, and are using the same domain account to run as the sql server is.(all of the original service tiers have SPN's setup and so does SQL - these have been working correctly for 2+ years)

I have setup a new service tier (and the relevant SPN's) as we need to call a codeunit via webservices using PHP so have had to enable WebServicesUseNTLMAuthentication" value="True" but when i try to connect to the webservice WSDL using a browser I get the error "The login failed when connecting to SQL Server XXXXXXXXXX'

If i look at the event viewer on the SQL server I see that "Login failed for user 'NT AUTHORITY\ANONYMOUS LOGON'. [CLIENT: 192.168.1.105]" which suggest that impersonation isn't being used when connecting to SQL

If i connect the RTC client to the new Service Tier using the same windows login as Im am trying to use in the browser it connects to the database successfully.(which sort of suggest that delegation is working on the new service tier at least for port 7046)

I appreciate that the RTC client uses a different port (7046) to the WS (7047) but i have set SPNS for both ports.

Does anyone have any gems of wisdom that will help me please??

Many Thanks

Lee