Dataports were used in versions before NAV 2009 R2 to import or export data. But beginning with Dynamics NAV…Commercial Demos
Simplanova Report Converter (V 2.07)
- Commercial Demos
- First release
- 12,12 MB
- Downloads today 1
- 30 day downloads 27
- Total downloads 392
- Overall download rank #1870 / 2057
- Today page views 2
- 30 days page views 93
- Total views 939
- MD5 digest
- Downloaded 14 times in the last two weeks
From our experience, Report Upgrade from Classic Dynamics NAV version to RDLC format in most of NAV Upgrade cases can take up to 90% of an upgrade project time. We have noticed these common concerns regarding report upgrade:
- it takes a long time to complete an upgrade;
- customers have to wait longer for an upgrade project to be completed, so they may decide to stay with the older version or at least be considering the upgrade for longer;
- it is a repetitive task for your developers and it doesn’t help to keep developers motivated;
- your developers involved in technical Dynamics NAV reports upgrading rather than working on a customer’s requested features and support.
Luckily, there is a SOLUTION to avoid these bottlenecks. Dynamics NAV Report Upgrades can be fully AUTOMATED with Simplanova Report Converter!
Why Simplanova Report Converter?
- Reports are converted from Classic (up to 2009 R2) to Native NAV RDLC Report Format
- This is the only tool in the market which allows you fully automated conversion to NAV objects without any yearly license fees!
- No external software needed. Report Converter main working environment is in one NAV page
Simplanova Report Converter Features:
- User interface to access Simplanova Report Converter features from NAV plugin.
- Builds new dataset which is based on classic report structure: tables, fields and primary key fields.
- Recreates the Layout:
- Tablix is created with certain data grouping: constant based grouping is created for classic report headers/footers, body grouping is created for all dataitems to keep the structure, GroupTotalFields property based grouping is created for classic report groupheaders/groupfooters;
- Report header/footer is created with dynamic data setting and getting if needed;
- Each component (textbox, label, picture, shape, etc.) is placed and sized the way it was in classic report;
- Same component properties (alignment, font size, font weight, etc.) are applied;
- If classic report had a standard font(Helvetica) then it is changed to a new RDLC standard font(Arial);
- Transfers all the report triggers code and functions the way it was. If a certain trigger is obsolete, but it has code in classic report – a new function is created in RDLC report to contain this code. Function is run at the appropriate place in the code to recreate the exact same functionality as it did in classic report‘s trigger.
- Reimplements obsolete functions such as CREATETOTALS, SHOWOUTPUT, NEWPAGEPERRECORD,etc. Certain changes are made in code/dataset/layout to recreate the same functionality.
- Optimizes performance: creates labels or text constants in case of dynamically changed language inside the report.
- The newly built report is compatible with all versions from Dynamics NAV 2013 R2 to Dynamics NAV 2017.
- Simplanova report converter does not cover transheader and transfooter sections.
In Mibuso You can download Simplanova Report Converter Playground version, where You will be able to evaluate tool environment.
If You want to get Simplanova Tools DEMO license with 5 points, contact Simplanova sales team – firstname.lastname@example.org or request demo version here - https://simplanova.com/simplanova-report-converter/
Simplanova Tools 2.07:
Classic Report Converter:
- Integrated txt2AL which allows to convert automatically Classic NAV report to AL and get converted report that consists of:
- .txt file (converted RDLC report);
- .rdlc file (Layout);
-.al file (Dataset);
-.xlf language files;
- Implemented Simplanova delta generator which helps to convert files more precisely;
- SCC and SRD setups separated.
- #1318 Wrong tablix rows/tablix members number fixed;
- #1161 Too many tablix members fixed;
- Fixed missing captions on global variables;
- Fixed BREAK cannot be used as a variable name error;
- GetGlobalTotalField() infinity loop fix.
- RequestForms converter now transfering new variables.
- #929 Fixed duplicated dummyelement nodes error.
Simplanova Tools 2.06:
Classic Report Converter:
- SRC now prevents visibility creation for sections without code
- Users now have possibility to report tool issues directly from Dynamics NAV/365BC client
- Optional left and right paddings
- Fixed rows placing to groups and visibility expressions controlled by RepeatOnNewPage property
- Implemented CurrReport.NEWPAGE
- Optimized dataset creation, removed unnecessary FieldCaption columns
- Improved variables with ‘.’ replacement
- Fixed import problem with PaperSourceOtherPages and PaperSourceFirstPage properties
- Fixed compilation issue then CurrReport.ShowOutput used as If condition
- Improved totals conversion then PrintOnlyIfDetail set to false
- Fixed problem with same group names
- Improved Red data textbox placing
- Improved CurrReport.ShowOutput recognition with commented code
- Improved RequestForm to RequestPage triggers transformation
- Improved CurrReport.CreateTotals recognition in commented code
- Optimized GroupHeader/GroupFooter groups creation
- Improved footer grouping variables creation, now tool identifies only distinct group variables
- By default AddVisibilityExpression property now set to False
- Tool recognizes and ignore commented code in controls source expression
- Visibility expressions with DELCHR moved from layout to trigger function
- Fixed issue with not transfered section code
- Grouping now not ignores sorting key value
- Improved textbox format property placing
- Fixed „Magic“ footer textboxes issue, then footer rendered in body
- Fixed multidimensional arrays in CurrReport.ShowOutput conversion
- Implemented VAR property for created OnPreSection an OnPostSection functions
- Improved CurrReport.NEWPAGE identifying with commented
- Improved field placing for integer elements
- OnPreDataItem trigger now transferred to OnPreXmlPort trigger
Simplanova Tools 2.05:
Classic Report Converter:
- Removed empty page headers and footers
- Reduced length of tools generated names
- Implemented optional creation of report headers and footers
- Included property for optional visibilities creation
- Replaced “Green textboxes” pictures expression functionality to simpler one
- Included button to clear SCC object LOG
- Improved commented CREATETOTALS functions recognition as commented code
- [support#641] Improved visibility creation
- [support#640] Improved usage of scope parameter in FooterData1
- [support#682] Better messages after importing reports and xmlports.
- Implemented better footer sections code transffering
- Issue when SRT creates border even if Border = No for a shape control fixed
- Now report can be converted if NE-Line or Triangle shapes used
- [support#698] Fixed error on Uploading report, improved commented code managing
- [support#703] Improved CurrReport.CREATETOTALS placing
- [support#709] Removed pictures compression
- [support#706] Added error message if user uses old Simplanova tools version
- [support#699] Improved footer sections placing order
- [support#702] Removed unnecessary brackets from function parameters
- [support#675] Improved code conversion
- [support#712] Improved request page conversion
- Fixed importing problem with missing DataSet node
- Report cannot be converted then Report name contains word "Record" fixed
- [support#726] Wrong Unique ID in SCC Upload CalcComplexity, problem with unseen CR/LF symbols fixed.
- Description of Simplanova Report Converter Conversion Logic
- [support#710] Transferred triggers code put between comments
- [support#562] SRD Report List got new “Modified” flag;
- [support#694] Included sorting options for groups in SRD layout creation;
- Request Page now editable by default;
- Reduce latency when opening SRD Globals window;
- Included ability to modify line width.
- Fixed request page indentation error;
- Fixed SRD reports importing error;
- Line Top and EndTop properties now by default set to 0,01;
- License information now shows object ID