Dataports were used in versions before NAV 2009 R2 to import or export data. But beginning with Dynamics NAV…Commercial Demos
Simplanova Report Converter (V 2.03)
- Commercial Demos
- 2,81 MB
- Downloads today 0
- 30 day downloads 16
- Total downloads 16
- Overall download rank #2012 / 2026
- Today page views 0
- 30 days page views 89
- Total views 89
- MD5 digest
- Downloaded 13 times in the last two weeks
From our experience, Report Upgrade from Classic Dynamics NAV version to RDLC format in most of NAV Upgrade cases can take up to 90% of an upgrade project time. We have noticed these common concerns regarding report upgrade:
- it takes a long time to complete an upgrade;
- customers have to wait longer for an upgrade project to be completed, so they may decide to stay with the older version or at least be considering the upgrade for longer;
- it is a repetitive task for your developers and it doesn’t help to keep developers motivated;
- your developers involved in technical Dynamics NAV reports upgrading rather than working on a customer’s requested features and support.
Luckily, there is a SOLUTION to avoid these bottlenecks. Dynamics NAV Report Upgrades can be fully AUTOMATED with Simplanova Report Converter!
Why Simplanova Report Converter?
- Reports are converted from Classic (up to 2009 R2) to Native NAV RDLC Report Format
- This is the only tool in the market which allows you fully automated conversion to NAV objects without any yearly license fees!
- No external software needed. Report Converter main working environment is in one NAV page
Simplanova Report Converter Features:
- User interface to access Simplanova Report Converter features from NAV plugin.
- Builds new dataset which is based on classic report structure: tables, fields and primary key fields.
- Recreates the Layout:
- Tablix is created with certain data grouping: constant based grouping is created for classic report headers/footers, body grouping is created for all dataitems to keep the structure, GroupTotalFields property based grouping is created for classic report groupheaders/groupfooters;
- Report header/footer is created with dynamic data setting and getting if needed;
- Each component (textbox, label, picture, shape, etc.) is placed and sized the way it was in classic report;
- Same component properties (alignment, font size, font weight, etc.) are applied;
- If classic report had a standard font(Helvetica) then it is changed to a new RDLC standard font(Arial);
- Transfers all the report triggers code and functions the way it was. If a certain trigger is obsolete, but it has code in classic report – a new function is created in RDLC report to contain this code. Function is run at the appropriate place in the code to recreate the exact same functionality as it did in classic report‘s trigger.
- Reimplements obsolete functions such as CREATETOTALS, SHOWOUTPUT, NEWPAGEPERRECORD,etc. Certain changes are made in code/dataset/layout to recreate the same functionality.
- Optimizes performance: creates labels or text constants in case of dynamically changed language inside the report.
- The newly built report is compatible with all versions from Dynamics NAV 2013 R2 to Dynamics NAV 2017.
- Simplanova report converter does not cover transheader and transfooter sections.
In Mibuso You can download Simplanova Report Converter Playground version, where You will be able to evaluate tool environment.
If You want to get Simplanova Tools DEMO license with 5 points, contact Simplanova sales team – firstname.lastname@example.org or request demo version here - https://simplanova.com/simplanova-report-converter/